Bay Primary School will commemorate 100 years of its existence with a series of activities throughout the year.
The staff, students and old scholars will begin with divine worship at the St. Paul’s Anglican Church on Sunday, January 20, at 8:00 a.m.
The school, which began classes in October 1913, was officially opened on April 28, 1913 by Princess Marie Louise. It was called Bay Street Boys’, and was located at the present site of the Barbados Government Information Service. This was an amalgamation of four schools – St. Ambrose Boys’, St. Paul’s Boys’, Dalkeith Boys’ and Bethel Boys’.
It was named Bay Primary Boys’ School in 1958. In 1975, it became a co-educational school and was named Bay Primary School. It was later renamed the Bay Composite School in 1984. In the 1990s, it reverted to the name Bay Primary School.
The school is located at Bay Gardens, Bayville, St. Michael and the principal is Marielon Gamble.