As thousands of Rihanna fans continue to lament the postponement of her concert, an upbeat Minister of Tourism, Richard Sealy, is pleased that a group of visitors are still planning their perfect getaway in Barbados.
He made this disclosure today during the question and answer segment at the 26th Annual General Meeting of the Tourism Development Corporation at the Accra Beach Hotel and Spa, Rockley, Christ Church.
Mr. Sealy said that 2,000 visitors had been booked to come to Barbados for the Rihanna Diamonds World Tour event and despite the postponement of the concert, he was optimistic that: ???we will still get something out of it from people who were previously planning to come, but are still going to be here this weekend. We have to try and see what silver lining we can find behind the grey cloud???.
Mr. Sealy said the postponement of the concert impacted on tourist arrivals, hotel bookings, partnerships with airlines and special charters out of Martinique and other parts of the Caribbean.
In light of this, the Tourism Minister stated: ???We have to see when the concert will be held, and hopefully, we can get back most, if not all, of those persons who had booked.???
A press statement from show promoters Live Nation Global Touring, last Friday, said the postponement was due to technical difficulties associated with the transport of equipment.
A new date for the concert is yet to be announced.