School At Combermere Next Week

Joy-Ann Gill banner, Top Stories

The Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation, on the instruction of the Ministry of Labour, has given the go-ahead for students to return to the classroom at Combermere School next Tuesday, January 10.

Chief Education Officer, Karen Best, made this comment today as she addressed parents and guardians at the school at Waterford, St. Michael. This followed a series of presentations and recommendations made by a team of experts, who voluntarily assessed the school’s environment and its state of readiness.

Stating that Combermere was ready to receive the students, she said this was on the instructions of the Ministry of Labour. Mrs. Best stressed: “We are taking the lead from the Ministry of Labour; the school will be ready and is ready for the students on Tuesday. The Ministry of Labour has given the green light.”

The Chief further pointed out that work had been ongoing for the last four or five weeks to ensure the facility was ready by January.

Meanwhile, Senior Safety and Health Officer with the Labour Department, Alison Elcock, in supporting the point made by Mrs. Best said: “The Ministry of Labour has no objection to the school, particularly the main plant where the classrooms are [located].  The school is fit for use.”

joy-ann.gill@barbados.gov.bb

Share this post with a friend...Email this to someoneShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn