Date(s) - 14/03/2017 - 25/04/2017
7:15 am - 9:15 am
Queen's Park Steel Shed
The Barbados Museum and Historical Society, in conjunction with the University of the West Indies’ Department of History & Philosophy and the National Cultural Foundation, presents the 2017 Lecture Series under the theme “Without an education in your head…you are better off dead: The Evolution of the Educational System in Barbados: Challenges and Opportunities.
This series takes place every Tuesday between March 14 and April 25.
Members of the public are invited to attend. Admission is free.
Museum publications will be on sale.
The Lecture Series is also sponsored by: Central Bank of Barbados & Insurance Corporation of Barbados Ltd(ICBL)
Lecture Schedule with lecture topics and lecturers:
- March 28 – Educating the differently able: Challenges, Impact and Prospects by Panel Discussion
- April 04–The Museum as an Educational Resource by Alissandra Cummins
- April 11 – The Development, Challenges and Contribution of the Caribbean Examination Council – Glenroy Cumberbatch
- April 18 – Developments in Tertiary Education since 1963 – Dr Glenford Howe
- April 25 – Changing Educational Policy since 1950 – Panel Discussion –
Contact details: For further information, please contact Ms Janelle Edwards at the Barbados Museum & Historical Society at Tel: 427 0201 or Email: email@example.com