Owners and attendants of food stalls and bars, food handlers and concessionaires of kadooment bands, who will be operating at Crop Over events at the National Stadium and along Bank Hall Cross Road, must possess a temporary restaurant permit.

This is required under the Health Services (Temporary Restaurants) Regulations Act Cap. 44.??????

The application must be made to the Warrens Polyclinic no later than Friday, July 17.?? This is necessary in order "to facilitate the timely processing of the application, as well as to allow Environmental Health Officers adequate time to execute thorough monitoring and surveillance of all premises and facilities where food for patrons will be prepared and stored".

Applicants are also reminded that they should provide information on the number and names of food handlers working at both the stall/bar and place of preparation.?? They must also indicate the menu of food being offered for sale; have written permission from the owner(s) or agent of land where vending would be taking place (where applicable’, ‘, ‘, ‘, ‘, ‘, ‘, ‘, ‘, ‘, ‘, ‘, ‘, ‘, ‘, ‘, ‘, ‘, ‘, ‘, ‘, ‘, NULL, NULL, 0); and, proof of access to sanitary facilities.

Late applications will not be accepted by the polyclinic. Only individuals in possession of the relevant documentation from the National Cultural Foundation, for operating at the festival, will be processed.

Meanwhile, individuals involved in the handling, preparation, storage, transportation or serving of food at the stall, bar or off premises, must be in possession of a valid Medical Certificate of Health obtained from a registered medical practitioner. All these should be submitted to the Environmental Health Department of the Warrens Polyclinic when making the application for the permit, (on, or before, July 17).

This certificate should be available for inspection when the Environmental Health Officer makes routine visits during the festival.


Pin It on Pinterest