The Government of Canada has extended the time period by which persons travelling to Canada by air need to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade has advised that while the revised entry requirements called for persons to fill out an eTA before travel to Canada beginning March 15, 2016, the Canadian Government has now given persons until ???Fall 2016???, to have the documents in place.

According to a diplomatic note sent to the Ministry, during the period March 15, 2016 and Fall 2016, travellers who do not have an eTA can still board their flight, as long as they have the appropriate travel documents, such as a valid passport and meet the other requirements needed for entry into Canada.

Persons can find more information on the eTA, including instructions on how to apply here ??also, visit this site????to learn more about the leniency period.??

Pin It on Pinterest