Due to the ongoing response to the global pandemic COVID-19, the Barbados Immigration Department has implemented the following precautionary measures with immediate effect, in order to prioritize the health and safety of workers.
APPLICATIONS FOR PASSPORTS
- Cancellation of all appointments.
- Applications will ONLY be accepted in cases of emergency relating to persons who are required to travel urgently for medical, bereavement, work or any other circumstances that the Chief Immigration Officer may deem as an emergency Appointments may be made by visiting the Department’s website at www.immigration.gov.bb.
- Suspension of the Saturday passport service.
- Discontinuation of walk-ins.
APPLICATIONS FOR VARIOUS FORMS OF STATUS AND VISAS
- Cancellation of all appointments (persons will be contacted by the relevant personnel for rescheduling)
- Applications will ONLY be accepted by persons seeking to renew their status in order to acquire Barbados Identification cards of Driver’s license or any other circumstances that the Chief Immigration Officer may deem as an emergency.
- Applications that have already been submitted will be evaluated and persons contacted by the relevant personnel.
ENDORSEMENT OF PASSPORTS
No passports will be accepted. Passports already submitted will be returned after processing is completed.
COLLECTION OF CERTIFICATES, PASSPORTS AND PAYMENT OF FEES
Persons will be accepted on a walk-in basis.
EXTENSION OF STAY
No applications will be accepted. Applications that have already been submitted
will be evaluated and persons contacted by the relevant personnel.
All applications will be placed on hold pending confirmation of travel and appointments with the US Embassy.