Town Hall Meetings On BSSEE To Continue January 18-19

The town hall meetings on the Barbados Secondary Schools’ Entrance Examination (BSSEE) will continue this weekend.

Parents and guardians of children, who will be sitting the May 6 examination, may attend the sessions at Blackman & Gollop Primary and St. George Primary Schools on Saturday, January 18, or those at the Princess Margaret Secondary and Wesley Hall Primary Schools on Sunday, January 19.

All meetings begin at 5:00 p.m. and will be addressed by Senior Education Officer, Glyne Price and Education Officer, Everton Briggs.

The officials will discuss the processes involved in the administration of the BSSEE, familiarly known as the Common Entrance Examination.

They will also give advice on how to fill out the forms that must be completed before the examination.

BADMC Updating Telecommunication Database

The Barbados Agricultural Development and Marketing Corporation (BADMC) is updating its telecommunication database, which is expected to quickly and effectively broadcast pertinent information via text messaging and email to farmers.

Farmers are therefore asked to submit their names, cellular phone numbers, and, or email addresses to their extension officers, or to the receptionist at BADMC???s Head Office at Fairy Valley, Christ Church, by calling 428-0250.

The information distributed may include marketing data, irrigation disruption notifications, meetings for farmers and any other notification or activity related to the BADMC.

Places of Public Entertainment Licences To Be Renewed

Owners or managers of places of public entertainment have been reminded that they should not operate such businesses without a licence.

Those persons who currently have such licences are reminded that they will expire on Friday, January 31.

Licences may be renewed upon production of a certificate from the Chief Fire Officer, and upon payment of the required fee to the Comptroller of Customs at the Value Added Tax Division.

New applicants must apply to the Comptroller of Customs and Excise Department, through the Value Added Tax Division, on the approved form, which must be accompanied by certificates from the Chief Town Planner and the Chief Fire Officer, as well as a Certificate of Character from the Commissioner of Police.

Persons who have never applied for a licence are urged to do so immediately.

Promoters, licencees and proprietors of public entertainment are reminded that they must be registered for Value Added Tax purposes, regardless of the level of income generated.

Pin It on Pinterest