The National Sports Council’s Summer Sports Camp has returned after a two-year break caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, and will run from July 16th to August 26th, 2022, at select venues across the island. The registration process began on Thursday, July 7th and the public is asked to note the following:
- Instant registration will continue until Saturday, July 16th. Registration will take place ONLY at the National Sports Council’s headquarters at the Wildey Gymnasium from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on weekdays, and from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 9th and July 16th.
- Registration forms will also be available for download and print from the National Sports Council’s website www.nsc.gov.bb from Friday, July 8th.
- Registration forms will not be allowed to be taken from the National Sports Council.
- A late registration fee of $10.00 will be charged for all campers registered after Saturday, July 16th.
- All forms must be accompanied by two (2) recent passport sized photographs, registration fee of $120.00 per child and each camper’s Identification Card or Birth Certificate.
- Campers must be a minimum of eight (8) years at the start of camp in order to be eligible for registration.
- There are a limited number of spaces available for each sporting discipline and spaces will be allocated on a first come, first-served basis.
- Camp will begin on Monday, July 18th and end on Friday, August 26th. Camp will begin at 9:00 a.m. and end at 2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Parents/Guardians are asked to note that the discipline of swimming will be conducted at: Miami Beach, Browne’s Beach, Brandons Beach and Seaside Aquatics. Swimming will be conducted from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. daily.
Campers will also have the opportunity to participate in the following tours & activities: Rascals Beach Park at Brandons Beach – $40.00; Go Karting at the Bushy Park Race Circuit – $45.00; Coco Hills Hike – $15.00; and Harrison’s Cave – $24.00.
Please note the following 2022 NSC Summer Sports Camp venues:
|Frederick Smith Secondary||Cricket, Football, Netball, Basketball, Road Tennis, Hockey, Badminton|
|Barbados Golf Club||Golf|
|Deighton Griffith Secondary||Cricket, Football, Netball, Track & Field|
|Vauxhall||Cricket, Football, Netball, Road Tennis, Track & Field|
|Table Tennis Center||Table Tennis|
|Barbados Community College||Badminton, Chess, Karate|
|Wildey Gymnasium||Basketball, Volleyball, Road Tennis, Skateboarding, Bodybuilding, Body Fitness|
|Miami Beach, Brandons Beach, Browne’s Beach,|
|National Stadium||Track & Field, Boxing, Cycling, Football|
|Netball, Cricket, Road Tennis|
The National Sports Council looks forward to welcoming campers this year as we strive to host a safe and fun-filled environment for all.