The Management of the National Insurance Office has been made aware that a staff member, whose most recent day at work was March 16, 2021, has tested positive for COVID-19.
Our prayers and thoughts are with our staff member and family and our wishes are expressed for a speedy recovery.
At the National Insurance Office all workspaces and frequently-touched areas are sanitized on a daily basis. In addition, the staff follow the COVID-19 safety protocols with respect to the proper wearing of masks, sanitizing and physical distancing. During the period March 23 to 26, 2021:-
- Our Cashier Points and Customer Service areas will be open from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm.
- In-office visits to the Severance Department, or to the Compliance Department to receive clearance certificates will be done by appointment only.
- Persons who need to conduct business with the Registration Department may do so via our drop boxes, regular mail or e-mail.
- Limited in-office visits will be available for urgent benefit queries which cannot be otherwise completed.
- All other business conducted with the Office should be done online, via our drop boxes, telephone or through our e-mail addresses. Contact details and additional business information can be found on our website at www.nis.gov.bb.
The NIS recommends that customers use the alternate ways of doing business in order to limit physical interaction, thereby reducing spread of the COVID-19 virus.
The NIS advises you to comply with the Ministry of Health and Wellness’ Covid-19 safety protocols and thanks you for your co-operation. For further guidance, please view the NIS COVID-19 Safety Protocols by clicking here.