The Ministry of Education, Technological and Vocational Training reminds candidates that the Caribbean Examinations Council’s (CXC) CSEC and CAPE examinations will commence on Monday, July 13.
All examinations for private candidates will be held at the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus, Cave Hill, St. Michael, with the exception of Spanish, French and Portuguese Orals.
Private candidates registered with the Ministry are asked to note that all oral examinations will be held at the Ministry of Education, Technological and Vocational Training, Constitution Road, St. Michael.
To facilitate these examinations, all social distancing practices and the wearing of masks will be enforced at all times.
All persons taking the Spanish Orals with surnames beginning with the letters A to GE are requested to take the orals on Monday, August 10, and persons with surnames beginning with the letters GE to Z will take the orals on Tuesday, August 11.
Candidates taking the French Orals with surnames beginning with the letters A to K are required to take the orals on Thursday, August 13, and persons whose surnames are L to W will take the orals on Friday, August 14.
The Portuguese Orals will be conducted at the Ministry on Wednesday, August 12.
The venues, dates and times of the CSEC Science Examinations are as follows:
- Biology Paper 3/2 – Springer Memorial Secondary School, Monday, July 13, at 1:00 p.m.
- Chemistry Paper 3/2 – The St. Michael School, Wednesday, July 15 at 1:00 p.m.
- Integrated Science Paper 3/2 – Springer Memorial Secondary School, on Wednesday, July 22 at 9:00 a.m.
- Physics Paper 3/2 – Harrison College, Friday, July 24, at 1:00 p.m.
The CAPE Science examinations will take place at the Christ Church Foundation School as follows:
- Chemistry Unit 2, Friday, July 17, at 1:00 p.m.
- Chemistry Unit 1, Tuesday, July 21, at 1:00 p.m.
- Biology Unit 1, Wednesday, July 22, at 1:00 p.m.
- Biology Unit 2 – Monday, July 27, at 1:00 p.m.
- Physics Unit 1 – Friday, July 24, at 1:00 p.m.
- Physics Unit 2, Paper 1 – Friday, July 31, at 9:00 a.m.
- Physics Unit 2, Paper 3/2 – Friday, July 31, at 1:00 p.m.