As a result of the announcement by the Hon. Prime Minister on January 26, 2021 and the subsequent publication of the Emergency Management (Covid-19) (Curfew) (No.3) Directive (2021) by the Hon. Attorney General on January 30 governing the National Pause from February 3, to February 17 2021, members of the public are advised of the following:
Registration of deaths will be done at all magisterial districts online. Listed below are the respective email addresses:
- District A firstname.lastname@example.org
- District B death.registrarB@barbados.gov.bb
- District C death.registrarC@barbados.gov.bb
- District D death.registrarD@barbados.gov.bb
- District E death.registrarE@barbados.gov.bb
- District F death.registrarF@barbados.gov.bb
• Birth certificates will be issued to facilitate urgent travel.
• Death certificates will be issued for recent deaths.
• Marriage certificates will be issued in urgent cases.
• Registration of births will be suspended for the period February 3, 2021 to February 17, 2021.
Payment of Professional Registration Fees:
- The deadline for the payment of Professional Registration fees has been extended to February 28, 2021. Payment can be effected in person at the Registration Department, today, February 1 2021 and tomorrow, February 2 2021. In person payments will be resumed upon the expiration of the National Pause.
- Payments may also be made via the EZpay+ platform with effect from today February 1, 2021 until February 28, 2021.
- There will be no penalty incurred for payment of Professional Registration fees made during the period of the extension.
Filing of documents
The Registration Department will facilitate the filing of the following:
- Urgent applications that fall within the purview of the Practice Direction No. 3 of 2019 dated 24th October 2019.
- Matters subject to court ordered deadlines.
- Matters where the causes of action will expire during the national pause.
All of the above matters will be facilitated by utilising this address – email@example.com.
- Draft Orders can be emailed directly to the relevant Judge’s clerk for approval utilising the email address of the Judge’s clerk as provided on the Court List.
- All documents submitted by email pursuant to this directive must be filed by hard copy with the appropriate stamp duty at the Registration Department immediately upon the expiration of the period of National Pause.
Criminal, Civil, Commercial and Family Divisions
- Matters in the Criminal, Civil, Commercial and Family Divisions will be heard remotely by the High Court from Wednesday February 3, 2021 to Wednesday February 17 2021.
- All Magistrates will be on call to hear protection order applications and new charge sheets, in their respective jurisdictions. All other matters will be adjourned. Adjourned dates will be published at a later date.
- All Magistrates’ Court Offices will function to facilitate the payment of fines between the hours of 9.00 AM and 2.00 PM.
- Juvenile Court is suspended immediately until March 5, 2021.
- The Coroner will operate daily from 9.00 AM to 2.00 PM. For after hour service, you may contact the Coroner via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Court Process Office
- Marshals will be assigned for island wide duties in relation to the services being offered as set out in this directive.
All other services usually offered by the Registration Department, Supreme Court and Magistrates’ Courts will be suspended during the period of the National Pause.