The Ministry of Health and Wellness has warned that Rapid Testing for COVID-19 may only be performed in specific circumstances, and by providers sanctioned by the Ministry.
At this current juncture, Rapid Antigen Testing for COVID-19 in Barbados may be performed under the following circumstances:
- For outbound passengers travelling to the United States of America and Europe;
- As an initial screening tool for symptomatic persons and primary contacts.
The COVID-19 Rapid Tests kits, which are sanctioned by the Ministry of Health and Wellness, include:
- Abbott Panbio COVID-19 Antigen Test
- Healgen Corona Virus Antigen Rapid Test (for outbound persons to the UK)
- Assut Antigen COMBO Rapid Test
- Sinopharm Rapid Antigen Test (for outbound travellers to the UK and USA)
- SD Bioscience Standard Q
For outbound passengers, the Healgen Coronavirus Antigen Rapid Test and the Sinopharm Rapid Test are currently accepted by the United Kingdom. The United States of America accepts Rapid Antigen Tests. Canada does not accept tests.
The Ministry is discouraging the use of Rapid Tests kits which are not included in this list.
Further guidelines on the testing process has already been shared with authorised providers. Private providers must request permission to perform rapid testing by emailing the Office of the Chief Medical Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.