The Magistrates’ Courts at their various locations throughout the island will recommence full service to the public with effect from Monday, March 29, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. as detailed in this notice.
Compliance With COVID-19 Protocols
Members of the public conducting business at any of the Magistrates’ Courts must adhere strictly to the following protocols set out in this notice.
Prior to entry into any of the buildings:
- All persons must wear face masks and at all times whilst conducting business
- Temperatures will be checked
- Each individual will be required to provide his or her name, government issued identification, address and any other necessary contact information
- All persons will be required to have their hands sanitized
- Social distancing protocols will be strictly enforced
- Only persons conducting business will be allowed to enter the office and the Magistrate’s Court
Whilst conducting business in any building or office:
- Not more than one person will be allowed at the counter at any time
- Signage has been placed on chairs to alert persons where seating is allowed
- All persons must follow directions given by the court clerk, the court marshal or any other court official.
- Each Magistrate will determine the urgency and priority of matters. There must be strict adherence to the Covid-19 transmission mitigation protocols as outlined in this document.
- New charge sheets, bail applications and protection order matters will continue to be heard.
- The following matters will recommence from Monday, March 29: –
- Summary Trials
- Civil Trials
- Traffic matters
- Liquor Licences: –
- Applications for new liquor licences will be conducted in person.
- Renewal of liquor licences will be done via Zoom except where there is an objection to the renewal.
- Maintenance cheques will be posted. In the event that no cheques have been received, kindly contact the relevant Magistrate’s Court. Please see the contact information below.
The Magistrates’ Courts can be contacted as follows:
St. Matthias Complex
Both District ‘A’ Civil and District ‘C’ at the St. Matthias Complex will re-open on Monday, March 29.
Eric Holder Jr. Municipal Complex
District ‘B’ Boarded Hall and District ‘F’ Horse Hill Magistrates’ Courts remain closed. All users of this complex will be promptly informed of the date for re-opening. Any inconvenience that this closure has caused is regretted.