The Registration Department, located at the Supreme Court Complex, Whitepark Road, St. Michael, and all of the Magistrates’ Courts at their various locations throughout the island will recommence service to the public with effect from Monday, March 1, 2021, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
COMPLIANCE WITH COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
Members of the public conducting business at any of these locations must adhere strictly to the protocols in place at the Registration Department located at the Supreme Court Complex and at all of the Magistrates’ Courts. Signage has been placed throughout the buildings to remind all persons of the protocols.
Prior to entry into any of the buildings:
- All persons must wear face masks and at all times whilst conducting business.
- Temperatures will be checked before persons are permitted to enter any building.
- Each individual will be required to provide his/her name, government issued identification, address and any other necessary contact information.
- All persons will be required to have their hands sanitized and also prior to entry into courts and offices.
- Social distancing protocols will be strictly enforced.
- Only persons conducting business will be allowed to enter offices of the Supreme Court Complex and Magistrates’ Courts.
Whilst conducting business in any building or office:
- Not more than one person will be allowed at the counter at any time.
- Persons requesting to view files and documents must sanitize their hands. The use of gloves will not be allowed.
- Signage has been placed on chairs to alert persons where seating is allowed.
- All persons must follow directions given by the court clerk, the court marshal or other court official.
COURT OF APPEAL
- The Court of Appeal Registry resumes normal operations from Monday, March 1, 2021.
- Matters in the Court of Appeal will continue to be heard remotely.
- Civil Division – Matters in the Civil, Commercial and Family Divisions will continue to be heard remotely.
- Criminal Division – Matters in the Criminal Division will continue to be heard remotely.
- Criminal Division – No jury trials are being presently conducted.
- The High Court Registry will recommence service from Monday, March 1, 2021 and will operate between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Notarial Services – Persons are advised to call 535-9751/535-9781, or e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to make an appointment.
The Probate Section will be operating by appointments. Please call 535-9700 to make an appointment or send your request for an appointment by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com. Appointments not kept must be rescheduled.
Appointments will be scheduled as follows:
Viewing estate files – Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
Collection of requested copies – Tuesday and Fridays.
- Mediation sessions and pre-brief conferences will be conducted remotely.
- Persons can come into the office to submit documents and to make payments.
- For queries, please contact the office at 535-9764, or e-mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration of births, deaths and marriages will be accommodated between 8:30 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. daily.
- Applications for birth, death and marriage certificates will be accommodated 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. daily.
- Collection of birth, death and marriage certificates will be facilitated by appointment.
- For the safety of all concerned, we ask you not to bring babies into the office.
- Notarial Services (Assistant Registrar) – Appointments should be made by calling 535-9743/851-9743, or e-mail email@example.com
- Wills and Deeds – Lodging, Collections and Removals will be accommodated daily.
- Corrections of certificates – Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays between 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon.
- Change of Names – Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
- Genealogical Searches will resume towards the end of March, 2021.
- New charge sheets, bail applications and protection order matters will continue to be heard.
- All other in-person Magistrates’ Courts proceedings will be adjourned. Parties are requested to contact the relevant Magistrate’s Court for the adjourned date. Please see contact information below.
- Maintenance cheques will be posted. In the event that no cheques have been received, kindly contact the relevant Magistrate’s Court.
- The Magistrates’ Courts can be contacted as follows:
District ‘A’ / Bridgetown 536-3504 / 07
District ‘A’ Civil & Domestic, St. Matthias 536-3521 / 28 / 34 / 36
District ‘B’/Boarded Hall 535-9930 / 31 or 850-3538
District ‘C’/Oistins 536-3939 / 40 / 42 / 43
District ‘D’ 536-3572 / 73 / 74 / 75
Districts ‘E’ and Holetown 535-9952 / 53 / 55 / 57 / 63
District ‘F’/St. Andrew 536-3574
All matters rescheduled for March 5, 2021, have been adjourned to March 19, 2021.
The Coroner will continue to operate daily from 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For after hours service, you may contact the Coroner via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
COURT PROCESS OFFICE
Normal service resumes on Monday, March 1, 2021.
Registrar of the Supreme Court