Schools and laboratories across Barbados with obsolete pesticides, unknown chemicals, or other old chemicals and chemical wastes are being urged to contact the Ministry of Agriculture, Food, Fisheries and Water Resource Management to find out how they can be disposed of.

This is being done at the request of the Pesticides Control Board of the Ministry.

Persons may contact Acting Senior Clerk, Muriel Moseley, or Scientific Officer II with the Pesticides Control Board, Gennia Oxley, at 434-5022, to make arrangements to have their chemical waste disposed.

Obsolete pesticides are those which can no longer be used because the expiry date has passed; they are contaminated; or the chemical is unknown because labels are no longer legible or present.

Pin It on Pinterest