Owners and operators of food stalls and bars who will be participating at various events – such as the Holetown Festival, Gold Cup, Oistins Fish Festival, Crop Over, concerts and fairs – are advised by the Environmental Health Department of the Ministry of Health that they must be in possession of a temporary restaurant permit.

The permit is a requirement under the Health Services (Restaurants) Regulations and can be obtained from the polyclinic nearest to where the particular event will be held.

Permits should be acquired no later than one week, prior to the occasion, in order "to facilitate the timely processing of the application" by the Environmental Health Department. These permits should also be displayed in a conspicuous place within stalls and bars.

Individuals involved in food preparation, transportation, storage or serving of food at these stalls and bars, or off premises, must be in possession of a valid Medical Certificate issued by a registered medical practitioner.?? The certificate must, at all times, be in their possession to present to the environmental health officers, on demand.


Pin It on Pinterest