The Technical and Vocational Education and Training Council’s (TVETC) offices, located at Hastings House West, Balmoral Gap, Hastings, Christ Church, have reopened for business by appointment only.
The TVETC is encouraging clients and customers, wherever possible, to continue to conduct business with the agency electronically.
In addition, the following protocols have been implemented for the safety of staff and any persons conducting business at their offices:
- Visits are by appointment ONLY.
- Visitors will be required to do the following: wear a mask before entering the building; stand behind floor markers outside and inside the building; declare whether they are experiencing any flu-like symptoms including, cough, loss of smell, respiratory symptoms such as shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; and declare whether they have been in close contact with someone who is displaying any of the aforementioned symptoms;
- If visitors have any of the aforementioned symptoms, or, have been in contact with someone displaying these symptoms, TVETC staff will assist in the following ways: complete the transaction remotely using technology such as internet banking, email and telephone; or reschedule the appointment.
- Inside of the offices, visitors will be required to: wear a face mask covering the nose and mouth; sanitize hands; complete a short questionnaire; and have temperatures taken with a contact-less thermometer which allows the TVETC to determine whether visitors are cleared to remain in the building.
These protocols are subject to change on advice from the Ministry of Health and/or the Government of Barbados. The following TVETC services will continue virtually where possible:
- Access to the Employment and Training Fund (ETF) – Persons are asked to contact Matthew Greaves, Manager, Finance and Corporate Services at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and Carol Ann Burke, Business Development Officer at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
- Provision of Technical Services – Standards Development; Curriculum Development; External Verification – Review of Portfolios only and Certification.
- Coordination of WorldSkills Barbados – The WorldSkills Barbados 2020 Competition which was scheduled to take place from May 28 to 31 has been postponed until further notice. However, preparation for the competition is continuing during the interim.
- Wendy McClean (Technical Services matters) at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Dawn Gill (Standards and Curriculum Development) at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Rosline Cumberbatch (Quality Assurance) at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- Dario Walcott (WorldSkills Barbados matters) at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further updates, the public may visit the TVETC’s website. The TVET Council thanks the public for its continued patience and cooperation.