The Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Council has implemented some changes as part of Government’s response to Barbados reaching Stage 3 of the National Preparedness Plan for COVID-19.
During the period, Monday, March 30, to Tuesday, April 14, the TVET Council’s offices at Hastings House West, Balmoral Gap, Hastings, Christ Church, will be closed, but measures have been put in place for the work of the Council to continue virtually.
These measures include all meetings being held via platforms such as Zoom and Go-to-Meeting, and staff working remotely from home, where possible. Additionally, the following services will continue virtually:
Access to the Employment and Training Fund (ETF):
- Please contact Matthew Greaves, Manager, Finance and Corporate Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and Carol Ann Burke, Business Development Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, with any queries.
- Provision of Technical Services: Standards Development; Curriculum Development; External Verification – Review of Portfolios only; and Certification.
- Coordination of WorldSkills Barbados
The WorldSkills Barbados 2020 Competition, which was scheduled to take place from Thursday, May 28,to Sunday, May 31, has been postponed, until further notice. However, preparation for the competition will continue during the interim.
Queries to the TVET Council may be made at firstname.lastname@example.org, in the first instance, or to (246) 434-3790. In addition, queries on specific matters may be directed as follows:
- Technical Service matters – Wendy McClean at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dawn Gill (Standards and Curriculum Development) at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daniel Best (Quality Assurance) at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dario Walcott at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further updates, please check the Council’s website www.tvetcouncil.com.bb.