The Health Promotion Unit of the Ministry of Health and Wellness has issued some guidelines/tips for managers in an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace.
The Unit advises that employees who feel sick should stay away from the workplace. Managers are asked to facilitate temperature checks and hand sanitising for all persons entering the workplace and ensure that staff can operate at least six feet away from each other.
They are also encouraged to:
- Hold meetings by video or teleconference when possible;
- Defer large face-to-face meetings;
- Hold essential face-to-face meetings in the open air, if possible;
- Promote good hand hygiene in the workplace;
- Promote wearing of face masks in the workplace;
- Promote eating lunch at individual desks or outside, rather than in the lunchroom;
- Clean and disinfect high touch surfaces regularly and;
- Consider opening windows for better ventilation, if possible.