Farmers wanting to access duty-free concessions for farm vehicles are reminded that they can still do so through the Ministry of Agriculture.

That is the word from Senior Agriculture Officer, Dr. Dennis Blackman, who said that the farming community could still apply for duty-free grants on certain vehicles.

"We want to get the message out to those farmers and members of the farming community that they can take full advantage of this concession once they meet the criteria," he said.

According to him, applications by registered farmers or companies should be made to the Ministry of Agriculture, and the letter must be accompanied by a National Insurance Scheme clearance certificate; proof of Value-Added Tax registration, along with the most recent land tax receipt, or legal lease agreement for a minimum of five years.

The Senior Agricultural Official added that: "Applicants who have established enterprises may submit proof of recent annual gross revenue of at least $60,000, or a three-year business plan, and must demonstrate good agricultural practices in keeping with the Ministry of Agriculture’s standards."

Dr. Blackman further indicated that various types of vehicles are allowable, but they must be compatible with the operation for which they are intended.?? For example, four-wheel drive vehicles with open trays, panel vans, refrigerated and other specialised vehicles for the transportation of animals and carcasses of meat, poultry or fish, as well as value-added meat, poultry and local fish products. Jeeps are not allowed.

Further information may be obtained by contacting Dr. Dennis Blackman at the Ministry of Agriculture, Graeme Hall, Christ Church at telephone number 434-5000.

Pin It on Pinterest